Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fairytales of Arabian Nights




I'm on a holiday. Almost 2 weeks off. And I had bought a ticket to Buenos Aires to go to South-America for the first time ever. But when the vacation came closer I started to feel unsure about my plans. To be honest I didn't have the feeling to travel again, to pack the bags, find my way to a hotel, to see the city sightseeings. Especially when I do that as my work, I always go out from the hotel to look at the city and trying to get a grip about the local life.

Just before the vacation started I also got sick. Lying in a bed for a week and running to doctors and finally getting the antibiotics for bronchitis.. And I got so bored and depressed. And I didn't want to go anywhere. I was missing a home. Somewhere to belong to. Which I don't have anymore. But I really want to have it. I am so tired of traveling, living in a shared apartment like a teenager. Even many people sees my life a exciting and adventures which it is in a way. But I need something more.



So why am I now in Marrakech? I arrived yesterday after traveling first 9 hours from Abu Dhabi to Casablanca and then checking in again for Air Maroc flight to Marrakech. And I arrived to this personalized funny little "riad" where I have a Marilyn Monroe room. People here and the hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. As arabs usually are from my experience, very good hosts.  I have never been in Marocco and for my love for arabian culture I decided to change my plans and fly here to experience the real arabian nights and fairy tales. Marrakech is a place for fairy tales to come true. And I need mine to come to reality. So I'm looking for the inspiration :)


But staying in Abu Dhabi, being sick and having too much time to think is never a good option for me. I need some action, otherwise I feel my life has stopped. I get bored. And depressed. I need to experience this life. But I know that most of all I need to build my life all over again. I am a very traditional girl who loves her family and home, who loves to be a wife and take care of the house. Sounds boring but that's the reality. And I am repeating myself but I am fed up with this loneliness and rootlessness. I need to change my life but I don't know when it will happen. I am waiting God to show me.


Marrakech is a truly arabian and magical city with a long history and traditions. It excites my mind and soul with the narrow streets, sellers yelling at the streets trying to catch a bargain, busy chaotic roads with cars, bikes and donkeys.. This is life to it's fullest. It's not organized. At least that's how it looks like when you first take a look at it. But when you spend some time observing you realize everything has it's place and order.


That's a life in a microscopic scale. So many times our lives seems so chaotic, like you'r not going anywhere or you'r just floating. But when you look back the time you realize how everything that has happened has had it's own meaning to build your unique story. Every life has a purpose and everyone has a different story to tell. And mine is only beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment