Thursday, October 20, 2011

My shopping trip to Apple Store


On my last day in New York I finally went to Apple Store on 5th avenue to buy a new laptop. So I entered there, queued a half an hour, told the cashier I want an MacBook Air and gave $1000. But she told me the price is $1086! Because of the tax that you add on top of the price! Which I didn't know! So I checked my wallet an counted all my money.. there was $1072.

Night before I met a homeless guy on the streets and I gave him $20. If I woudn't have done that I would have enough to buy the computer. But I always believe things happen for a reason..

So I took my flight yesterday evening back to Abu Dhabi. On that flight was also a young US soldier on his way to Baghdad, Irak. So we talked and after landing to AD we walked together to the currency exchange. But what happens.. he needed to get money but the ATM took his card and suddenly he doesn't have money even to take a taxi to his hotel! And he has an early flight to catch the next morning.

So because I coudn't buy that laptop I still had a lot of money with me and I was able to help him. So I believe there was a reason I coudn't buy that laptop even that it was my biggest wish on my trip in New York and I felt so disappointed. But so many times in life you plan something and if it doesn't happen as you plan you get so angry and frustrated. But life hardly ever goes the way you plan it, it is so much bigger than us. An I truly believe that what happens in your life is always much better than if you could get your own way. I believe life is so much more creative and surprising than what you could even plan for yourself.

This soldier promised to take me to a dinner the next time he comes to Abu Dhabi. But even if I would never meet him anymore I believe this was ment to happen. Not only because of the money, but something else. And how good it feels to be able to help someone sometimes. Even when I don't have a lot of money sometimes I have more than someone else. And the money is not mine, it is mine to do the right thing and to help someone who needs it more than me.

One friend of mine was critisizing me giving money to a soldier. But I believe that when there is someone in need we shoudn't look at the person, who he is or what he does. We are all equal and human beings, we shoudn't judge people when they need our help.

I am not an angel who helps people every day and always thinks others before myself. But this was a great possibility given to me to help. And I hope that if I'm in that position ever myself someone would be kind enough to offer his help. So watch out, you never know who needs you and what might happen when you travel and meet people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment