Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rostering


You have to be very flexible and not to stress about not knowing about your next day when doing this kind of a work. We do get our next month work list in advance at the end of the month thou, but it always include some stand by's when company can notice you only few hours before departure that you will be going on that flight.

For example this month I had 3 stand by's starting tonight. So they sent me a txt that I have roster changes. And now I'm on my way to the airport and heading to Delhi, India. And tomorrow I have something called Airport Standby which means I will wait at the airport for crew control to put me on a flight right away.

In this company I have always been called to a flight because a high demand of flights and lack of crew or crew been sick. This company is growing faster than it has people to work with it so there is so much work for us. Sometimes it's hard of course when you have only minimum legal rest, you'r still tired from the previous duty and they put you on a nightflight. But on the other hand the more you flight the more money you will earn. So eventually it's really good :)

I just got my roster (work list) for November and I can't be any more happy. First of all becuse I got my requested flight wich is amazing 9 days leg to Singapore and Brisbane! And after that I will fly to Sydney and South-Africa! All are destinayions where there is summer at the time so no winterclothes needed :)

I have started to feel more happy and home here after all the struggles that I encountered at the beginning. It was some kind of a cultural chock coming from a very organized country to a country where everything takea time.. a lot of time. But I think I have overcome that now and really started to like this place and appreciate everything what this country has to offer.

There are amazing working opportunities, especially with us europeans who has the education, work experience and language skills. And you can earn so much better than in Europe where the financial situation is so bad.

Also the weather is something I really appreciate coming from a dark, cold country. Every morning I wake up and see the sun shining, no clouds in the sky. And the beach is only short taxi drive from my home and it's totally free :)

Also there is amazing opportunity to study. We have international Universities here in Abu Dhabi and Dubai that offer high standard education in all different academic fields. I will definitely take a closer look and try to upgrade my papers from BA to MA.

It is a ever growing, ambitious country. Very different from my home country but all in good way. So let's see how long I will stay here and what kind of opportunities I will find for myself. I definitely look forward to my future here in UAE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment