Sunday, October 9, 2011

South Africa


Only 8 hours flight from Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg. But what a different world!

We spent 2 days there so I managed to visit a Lion Park which is a big nature park with wild and captured animals. We were sitting inside the car while driver told us about these amazing african animals.

One of my life's most memorable moments were when we entered a small cage where they had lion cabs. Those "puppies" were not that small, maybe a mid size dog but still babies.. just sleeping and playing. And they gave us 5 minutes and I was able to pet them! What an amazing feeling, incredible! And I started to miss my baby dog again..

City of Johannesburg is not too big, the center is all about business/money and you can't miss all those expensive german sport cars. But outside the city is a different world, slums where people don't really have a proper houses. So no wonder all the rich people have secured their property with huge fences, dogs and guards with guns.

We flew a turnaround to Capetown airport where we did some shopping.. I found so beautiful african handicrafts, something for my future home. Next time I will fly to Capetown for a holiday, I have to see the table mountains, sea, penguins and wine area.
And on April 2012 my company will open a route to Nairobi Kenia where I will definitely go to a real safari! That usually is extremely expensive at least from Europe, so now that I have a possibility to do it I can't miss it! So looking forward to that :)

I have to mention about local prople that I met, people are very relaxed, smiling and friendly. Somehow I felt the atmosphere is like in Australia or Ireland, people don't stress too much but enjoy their life and other people. I really love that, I wish my home country could be more like that.

My next destination is Germany and after that my leave when I will be going to New York city!! My first destination will be the Apple Store in 5th Avenue ;)

www.apple.com

By the way, that food in the picture is NILE CROCODILE! It tasted like a fish, only a bit harder to chew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment