Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Surfers Paradise, Australia


GeoTagged, [S27.99903, W153.43066]

Second day in a paradise. Still tomorrow to go. This definitely is a beach city. All activity is at the beach and nearby streets. Shops sell beach wear and flipflops. Restaurants offer snacks and beer. Beach has these famous lifeguards (hot) ;) and the whole lifestyle is relaxed and with "taking it easy" attitude.

But still it's missing something. The surfers. I can't see anyone surfing here. I bet the place the real surfers go is somewhere where the turists don't end up. Where they have their own gang and lifestyle without anyone watching. This place is so full of turists that it has lost it's authenticity.

So tomorrow I will take a bus and go down from here to Byron Bay. That small city should be more natural without the commercial feeling around it. So let's see how I like about it. I bet it's much better than Surfer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment