Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I heart Germany


 I hade my first flight after the sick leave to Munich. I've been to Germany many times before, driving through the country and had family holidays there. But mostly in the north so the Bayern isn't that familiar with me. But I was lucky to visit there at the beginning of the summer when the nature is so beautiful and green. After flying only to Asia for the last 6 months it felt so refreshing to smell the fresh european air and see the German lifestyle that's so completely different from Abu Dhabi.


I love the old architecture in Munich, all the buildings are so beautiful and well maintained. And there's parks everywhere and people jogging and bicycling and having a very healthy lifestyle. And the markets sell organic fresh products and the food prices are much lower than in northern Europe. It doesn't make any sense that the living standard in Germany is so high, they get a good salary, pay a lot of taxes of course as well but housing, food and cars are so much cheaper than any other highly developed countries in Europe. 

Living in Finland is extremely expensive, it's like having the same kind of living standard than in Germany but finns have to pay double for food and housing. It takes most of your salary so there's no way you can spend it to other expenses or to save. I love the German way and I could easily live there one day, especially in the south :)



No comments:

Post a Comment