Sunday, December 18, 2011

Burj Khalifa


I just came back from Dubai after spending some time there with my friends and family. I've only been there few times but not really had the time to investigate city's soul. This time I managed to see most of the main tourist attractions as well as the local lifestyle in the western people populated areas of the city.

Here is the number one destination which everybody coming to Dubai should see, The Burj Khalifa - tallest building in the world.

It took 5 years to build it and at one point they even run out of money. So they lended some money from the ruler of Abu Dhabi and after that they had to change the name of the tower to Burj Khalifa. Something that as an Abu Dhabi citizen I'm very pleased of ;)

The building is next to the world fmous shopping mall Dubai Mall and the entrance goes through the mall. But in order to get to the observation deck which is situated at the 124th floor you need to buy the tickets online few days before visiting becuse those are always sold out. The ticket costs 100 dirhams which is approximately 20€. The tour gives you much more thn just the deck and the views and I think it was well worth the money spent. I visited the deck during daylight when I was able to see the city properly. But I will go there again after the sunset because the city looks totally different with all the lights, I think it will be even better.

Here is the official web page for more information:

Www.burjkhalifa.ae

No comments:

Post a Comment