Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How to offer services to tourists: by Melbourne


I have to admit that one thing Australia is way ahead is the way they have organized information, services and guidance to tourists nd back packers. I haven't seen anywhere else it done as well as all over Australia.

I had my first flight to Melbourne just a while ago and that city can now be my example of these services. First of all: you can find big tourist information centers everywhere in the city. And it's always located in the middlenof everything sobthat you can't really miss that. And they have everything you need, the brochures, maps, timetables, people answering to your weardest questions...

But that is not so special, many cities have that same. But have you seen a free hop on hop off buss service for tourists anywhere? Inhaven't and when I heard about it i couldn't believe my ears! The bus leaves every 30 minutes and makes quite a trip around the city and it's most important sightseens. It takes all together 1,5 hours but you will stop at least two or three times. It took us propably 4 to 5 hours and could have easily taken longer.

Another special service they have is a free tram that also serves tourists and goes around the city center and it's shopping streets. So you'll have many options to rest your feet and see the city very easily.

Everything doesn't have to cost a fortune and companies/cities can actually give something for free somethimes. I believe because of that the country is so well known among especially backpackers who come to Australia every year and spend months (and a lot of money as well) and gives their share to Australia. I believe the special atmosphere Australia has, that you feel welcomed makes people to come back and tell their frends how great the country is. At least me and my friends have all done the same, shared our great experiences to each other. And i can easily promote this country to everybody :)


More info about the Melbourne Free Tourist Bus found here

No comments:

Post a Comment