Monday, December 26, 2011

Ski Dubai


I spent my Christmas (well actually 23rd December bec I was flying on Christmas) sking with my friends at Dubai.

In Finland we have amazing ski slopes in Lapland but the last time I was skiing was propably more than 4 years ago.

It sounds absolutely absurd to have slopes in the middle of the desert and in fact that's exactly how it is. The place is absurd but believe me - after not having snow in a year and having Christmas I was ready to have a try.

The ski slopes are inside the Mall of the Emirates, a beautiful mall close to Dubai Marina. At the price of 180 AED you get a ski pass for 2 hours, skis, boots, even socks and clothes. The only thing ypu should bring with you are warm cloves. And that we didn't had so we were freezing our hands ;)

At the slopes it is minus 4 degrease so it feels like winter. And at least on that day the slopes were quite empty so it was nice to ski there with no rush. Most of the people went to other snow activities.. most of the locals don't know how to ski so it's better for them (and for us) not to have them there.

I have to admit that even I had my reservations about the place it managed to surprise me very positively. Slopes are not long of course and there's not much variation but it doesn't matter at all. I wanted to see and touch snow, have a hot chocolate and ski for few hours. That made my Christmas :)

More info: www.skidxb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment