Thursday, April 26, 2012

Les Bains de Marrakech


In my trip to Morocco I visited the traditional Moroccan Bath, Hammam. It was the best thing I did in my holiday. The experience was amazing and the Spa itself so luxurious. It was in a traditional Riad and the decoration was very traditional and so incredible beautiful. 

Les Bains de Marrakech offers variety of different traditional Moroccan spa and bath rituals. I took the traditional Moroccan Bath and it was my first time experience. 

First I was taken to a steam room where a girl washed me with a natural soap. Then I was left there for a 15 minutes to soak in steam and relax. After I was completely wet and relaxed she started to scrub my body with the natural black soap. I was amazed how much dead skin was removed! It is really effective and also very good for blood circulation because the washer scrubs your body with a harsh washing glove and it almost hurts. But you feel completely pure and fresh, like a newborn after that.

I'm from a country where we have a strong sauna culture. It has the same idea of purity and cleaning. But Moroccan bath is different, the heat is not that high and it's more about the steam which is so good for the breathing as well. 

After the treatment they oiled my body with a natural Argan oil which is very famous and expensive pure moroccan oil. Then I was taken to a relaxing room to lye down and they gave me some Moroccan tea and biscuits. I was so relaxed that I falled asleep and finally they came to wake me up. 

This place was like an oasis in the middle of a dirty, noisy city. And ever sense I have tried to find something similar from Abu Dhabi but still haven't had luck finding.

This style is something I could easily take in my next home. Especially the moroccan lamps that create a soft and tranquil light. 

 Soft fabrics dividing the spaces and creating a peaceful atmosphere. Soft earthly colors and arabic decorations.

I just love this design!


Just check their website for the best design pictures and read about the traditional moroccan hammam and bath treatments!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I absolutely adore your blog! I'm in the same business with you, but based in finland and starting flying next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much, you make me blush :)
    It's an amazing occupation, no wonder it has this magical glamour all over it. You get to see so much, interact with different nationalities and have a lots of fun while doing it! :)

    I wish you all the best and a lot of fun! It's the best job you can ever have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing beautiful information. Black soap is made from the ash of locally harvested plants and barks such a plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and shea tree bark. First the leaves and bark are sun-dried and then roasted in a kettle or pot at an even, constant temperature, which is important to ensure color, texture and smell. African Black Soap In Dubai | Buy Cosmetics Poducts Online

    ReplyDelete